Transport to Pilsen
From Václav Havel Airport in Prague
- Pilsen is 90 km/50 minutes by car.
- From the airport, city bus no.100 goes to Praha-Zličín (tickets can be purchased from the driver for 40 CZK). From Praha-Zličín bus station, yellow Student Agency buses go to Pilsen (departures are every hour and tickets can be purchased at the counter inside the building with public restrooms next to the metro station, price 100 CZK). Buses are sometimes full, so it is good to have an advance reservation. Reservations and schedules: www.studentagency.cz | www.idos.cz
- It is possible to rent a car at the airport in Prague. For more information on car rentals click here.
- For a Taxi from the airport call tel: 222 333 222 (approx. 2,700 CZK).
- Direct trips to Pilsen from Prague, Brno, Karlovy Vary and other cities.
- Prague-Pilsen (In Prague, the final destination is the Zličín bus and metro station or bus station Florenc) Tickets can be purchased at the counter for 100 CZK. Student Agency buses are sometimes full, so it is advisable to have a reservation in advance. Reservations and schedules can be found at: www.studentagency.cz | www.idos.cz
- International connections can be made from all major cities of neighbouring countries and in many other European cities (Munich, Nuremberg, Cologne, Frankfurt, London, Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, Geneva, etc.). Contact the Central Bus Station (Centrální autobusové nádraží – CAN) for information at tel: 377 324 142, Husova 60.
- Schedules: www.idos.cz
- To the city centre from the Central Bus Station (CAN): Take trolleybus No. 11 or 12 to the Mrakodrap stop or tram No. 2 to the Republic Square (náměstí Republiky) stop. Alternatively, it is 15 minutes walk.
- Train tracks lead from six directions: Prague, České Budějovice, Klatovy (Železná Ruda), Domažlice, Cheb and Žatec.
- The Prague-Pilsen leaves every hour. The trip takes 1 hour 35 minutes, 105 CZK.
- International IC and EC trains - Nuremberg-Pilsen (or Prague). It runs twice a day and the trip takes three hours. The cost is 40 EUR), Munich-Pilsen (or Prague) twice times a day. It takes four hours. The cost is about 50 EUR).
- Schedules: www.idos.cz
- For train information dial the railway station, tel: 972 522 579, international box office, tel: 972 524 235
To the centre of Pilsen (Republic Square) from the main railway station in Pilsen: After leaving the station area, go right, under the railway bridge, and down the escalator. Go through the underpass and back up the escalator to the tram stop (take tram no. 1 or 2 in the direction of Bolevec or Skvrňany respectively). Republic Square (náměstí Republiky) is two stops or a ten-minute walk.
From the main train station to thecentral bus station : After leaving the train station, go right under the railway bridge and then down the escalator. Bear left and after reaching the end of the underpass, go upstairs to the trolleybus stop and take either trolleybus 11 or 12 to the CAN, Husova or CAN, Tylova stop respectively). Alternatively, follow the instructions for the centre of Pilsen above, take tram 2 towards Skvrňany and alight at the stop called CAN-Skvrňanská.
- Prague (50 minutes, the centre of Prague, 75 minutes)
- Munich (3 hours)
- Nuremberg (2 hours)
- Karlovy Vary (1 hour)
- Šumava (1.5 hours)
- České Budějovice (2.5 hours)
- Brno (3 hours)