Facts about the destination
Interesting information about the city of Pilsen
- The main dominant of the city the St Bartholomew´s Cathedral has the highest church tower in the Czech Republic. The tourists may visit the tower during the whole year. In case of good weather and visibility you can even see the Šumava Mountains from the top of the tower.
- In Pilsen there is also the fourth biggest Jewish synagogue in the world. During the Second World War it was used as a warehousing area. After the reconstruction in the 1990´s it is often used for concerts due to its unique acoustics.
- The city of Pilsen also offers a world unique thing. Guided tours of interiors which were designed by the world famous architect Adolf Loos in the 1930´s are the new part of the programme for tourists the city of Pilsen of Pilsen. They provide a perfect view of the life style of the Jewish community before the Second World War.
- The New Theatre which welcomed its visitors in September 2014 is the first new theatre scene built in the Czech Republic after 30 years.
- The Pilsen football club FC Viktoria Plzeň has been also very successful recently. In the last three seasons the team played twice in the Premier League and twice in the round of 16 of the European League. The most famous teams such as Manchester City, Bayern Munich, Atlético Madrid or CSKA Moscow were introduced on its stadium.