Enjoy festivals that revolve around beer. Good beer and great fun belong together. And there are certainly places to go in Pilsen.
- To commemorate the first brewing of its pils-type beer, Pilsner Urquell’s Pilsner Fest beer celebration has taken place for several years now on the first weekend of October. It is a grand traditional festival offering the freshest Pilsner Urquell beer, concerts of the best Czech bands and an abundant accompanying programme.
- When: First weekend in October (October 5, 2019)
- Where: Pilsner Urquell Brewery courtyard
- A unique beer festival which turns the main square and adjacent streets into a huge beer garden for one full day. Celebrating the foundation of the Gambrinus brewery, it offers not only beer poured to perfection directly from tank to glass, but also musical performances, live finals of the Gambrinus Master Bartender competition or a school of beer tapping.
- When: End of June (June 21- 22, 2019)
- Where: Square of the Republic
The Sun in a Glass
- For several years now, a festival of microbreweries has been taking place on the premises of the Purkmistr Brewery in the historical village square in Pilsen – Černice. Beer lovers can taste dozens of unfiltered and unpasteurised beers of various styles from more than seventy microbreweries from the Czech Republic and abroad. The festival naturally includes an interesting accompanying programme.
- When: Third September weekend (September 20- 21, 2019)
- Where: Purkmistr Brewery Yard