Trips with Bartholomew the Camel
- Basic information
- 1. Pilsen house signs and legends
- 2. Pilsen – the birthplace of Spejbl and Hurvínek
- 3. In Search of a Pilsen book
- 4. Brewing in Pilsen
- 5. Zábělá Nature Trail
- 6. Exploring the footsteps of František Maloch
- 7. Bolevec ponds
- 8. Sigmond trail
- 9. Animal Rescue Shelter
- 10. Zoological and Botanical Gardens of the City of Pilsen and DinoPark
Just as I am named after Saint Bartholomew, the patron saint of the cathedral in Pilsen, to make it clear that I am a Pilsen camel and the houses have names ...
In times past it was customary to name houses, which helped with orientation in the city.
Houses were named after their owners, according to the purpose they served, or according to stories connected to the history of the house ...
I will familiarize you with 26 houses and places in the city centre, and you will see that their names will take you back to the old days when not only people and camels had names.