Historical underground and Brewery Museum
The Brewery Museum is located in the historical centre of the city in the original brewing house which dates from the 15th century. It has the atmospere of the Middle Ages and tells the visitors the story of beer from the ancient times to the present. This amusing and educational exhibiton delights all lovers of history and the brewing industry. You will learn about different methods of beer production and its drinking in history. You will see a late Gothic malt house, an original malt kiln or so-called paint roller and historical lager cellars. Tasting one small glass of Pilsner Urquell beer (for visitors older than 18 years) is a part of the tour.
- April- September: 10:00 am-6:00pm
- October-March: 10:00 pm-5:00 pm
- Museum tour with the printed text or application for smart phones: CZK 90 adults, CZK 60 reduced fee, CZK 220 family ticket
- Audioguide: CZK 30
More information can be found at www.prazdrojvisit.cz
Pilsen Historical Underground
Pilsen Historical Underground tour starts in the building of Brewery Museum. Pilsen Historical Underground was built under the city centre from the 14th centruy and due to its lengh of 20 km it is among one of the largest in the Czech Republic. A nearly 800 metre long tour shows you around the labyrinth of corridors, cellars and wells. From the exhibited items, which were mainly found in the local wells, you may also get a sense of the secrets of every day medieval life. You can learn how ice and food were stored in the past, what role the underground played in the time of siege, and you will see historical waterworks from the first half of the 16th century, which is considered to be the best preserved object of its kind in the Czech Republic. At the end of the tour visitors older than 18 years will get a so-called „pivenka“, a voucher which can be exchanged for a 0.3 litre glass of Pilsner Urquell beer in the restaurants Na Spilce, U Salzmannů or in the pub Na Parkánu.
- tours in English language October: Monday - Friday 2:20 pm, Saturday - Sunday 11:20 am, 2:20 pm
- guided tour: CZK 120 adults, CZK 90 reduced fee, CZK 260 family ticket
- 10% discount for admission may be got when ordering online. If you buy tickets for some other tours (Brewery Museum, Pilsner Brewery), you will get the discount of 25%.
More information can be found at www.plzenskepodzemi.cz